| Success Stories
| Litmus Test |
Imports continue to challenge many manufacturing and producing firmsin the U.S., resulting in:
These issues ultimately affect entire communities, which is why the Trade Adjustment Assistance Program is here to help.
- Declines in sales to existing customers
- Inability to attract new customers
- Decrease in employment levels
- Lack of funding to fight back
|Support for U.S. Manufacturing:
Recent independent studies of TAA conducted by the renowned Urban Institute, and the Congressional Research Service found:
TAA has had a positive effect on the manufacturing community, the local economy and beyond.
- The Program to be highly effective with dramatic and measurable results in sales and job growth.
- Participating Firms grew sales by an average of 33.9%, which is a significantly higher rate than corresponding industry averages.
Improve your firm's competitive position in the following areas:
- Quality registration (ISO, AS, QS, etc.)
- Quality management systems
- Cost reduction
- Plant layout and material handling systems
- Production control and inventory systems
Marketing and Sales
- E-Business implementation
- Sales network organisation and training
- Sales strategy and implementation
- Product diversification and promotion
- Product development
- CAD/CAM systems
- Enterprise systems
- Network improvement
- Functional applications and implementation
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Business plan development
- Succession planning
|And Many More...
|How To Get There:
There is no cost associated with qualifying for the program. Thereafter, the costs are shared by the firm and Western TAAC, usually on a 50/50 basis.
Western TAAC serves as an advocate for interested firms, simplifying the process and guiding the firm through each phase of the program. We provide high level, professional services and technical expertise to qualified firms through:
A firm's confidentiality is strictly adhered to, however client and consultant references are available upon request.
- An in-house staffof senior management consultants.
- Independent private sector consultant retained by a client firm in conjunction with Western TAAC for specific projects.
- Strengthening operations through projects tailored to each individual firm's situation.
- Access to further resources and experience through our TAA and economic development networks.
- Introduction to opportunities available through our association wiht one of the nation's premier universities, USC.